Special Greenlandic Scheme
If you are a Greenlandic applicant, you can apply for admission to higher education programmes in Denmark via the special Greenlandic scheme. You will have to document that you fulfil a number of conditions for example regarding your association with Greenland.
Because of the special scheme you can as a Greenlandic applicant be admitted to higher education programmes in Denmark, where study places are limited, and therefore allocated based on a decreasing minimum grade point average (GPA) for admission, even though you do not fulfil the GPA required for the specific education programme.
You can only be admitted once to a higher education programme via the special Greenlandic scheme. If you have already been admitted to a higher education programme after the special Greenlandic scheme and wish to apply for admission to another educational programme, you must apply for admission in accordance with the ordinary conditions and not after the special Greenlandic scheme.
You must tick the box 'Yes', if you wish to apply using the special Greenlandic scheme. Remember to upload all relevant documentation regarding your fulfilment of the conditions.
Please note that the application deadline for applying via the special Greenlandic scheme is March 15, 12 noon (CET).
The criteria for admission via the special Greenlandic scheme are:
A Greenlandic applicant,
- - who fulfils the admission requirements for a higher education programme, to which he or she is applying, and
- - who has achieved a GPA from a upper secondary school of at least 6.0 on the Danish 7-point scale
- The applicant is domiciled in Greenland and has been domiciled in Greenland for at least five consecutive years prior to the time of the application and at least one of the applicant's parents is currently domiciled in Greenland, or
- The applicant has been domiciled in Greenland for at least 10 years in total and has not been domiciled outside Greenland for more than three years after the age of 18, and at least one of the applicant's parents is currently domiciled in Greenland. Domicile outside Greenland does not include:
- • Stays in relation to educational conditions, or
- • Stays in relation to social security, where the Greenlandic authorities have participated, or
- The applicant is at least 24 years of age and fulfils either criteria 1 or 2 except the requirement regarding that at least one of the applicant's parents is currently domiciled in Greenland.
The educational institution can exempt from the requirements regarding that at least one of the applicant's parents is domiciled in Greenland, if there are exceptional circumstances. Upload the application for exemption and documentation for the circumstances as attachments to your application(s) under the tab ‘Attachments’ and tick the box for each education programme.